Federal tax rates hit 30-year low in 2009
Americans paid the lowest tax rates in 30 years to the federal government in 2009, in part because of tax cuts President Barack Obama sought to combat the Great Recession, congressional budget analysts said Tuesday.
Sorry, Obama: The tax code is already more progressive than pre-Reagan
- Tax-planning moves to consider now before federal rates rise in 2013 – Philadelphia Inquirer
- Chicago Public Schools to levy maximum property tax hike – Chicago Tribune
- A tax or a penalty? Romney, Obama camps debate healthcare ruling – Chicago Tribune
- Stocks end mixed year with a whimper – Chicago Tribune
- Start planning now for health care tax changes – Chicago Tribune